Giving back isn’t what we do, it’s who we are.
GreenShield was founded on the belief that all Canadians deserve the opportunities better health unlocks. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, giving back isn’t what we do, it’s who we are.
Through GreenShield Cares, we reinvest our earnings and self-fund the deployment of our wholly-owned health services to support underserved and marginalized communities. GreenShield’s main metric of success is the number of lives we positively impact, and we are committing to giving back $75 million and improving 1 million lives by 2025. In doing so, we aim to provide care not just for some, not just for the lucky few, but for all.
Through the Green Door Project, we have committed over $20M to provide dental care to vulnerable communities via front-line clinics and to fund research in oral health.Learn more
GreenShield Cares’ national women’s mental health program offers culturally sensitive free therapy and mental health services to Canadian women 18+.Learn more
Our people are passionate about helping their communities, and we empower them with best-in-class employee giving programs including donation matching and volunteer rewards.
Meaningful community partnerships are vital when putting our purpose into action. That’s why we partner with community organizations across Canada on projects that help improve access to mental and oral health care in innovative ways, and we prioritize investments that have a transformative impact and an ambitious scope.
Please email GreenShieldCares@greenshield.ca with any questions. Please note that applications cannot be accepted through this mailbox and must be submitted using the online application.
To be eligible for funding, a project or program must align with our focus areas listed above and fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a national or regional scope and increase access to evidence-based care for a significant number of Canadians. This could encompass creating a new program or scaling up an existing initiative.
- Provide service in a local community where we operate (Windsor, London, Toronto, Quebec City, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver and Atlantic Canada).
- Propose an innovative new solution or method of accessing care. We will also consider proposals for mental or oral health research with a demonstrable community impact.
- Directly increase quality of care for marginalized or vulnerable communities who may experience disproportionate challenges in accessing mental or oral health care. This includes racialized communities, Indigenous peoples, women, LGBTQ2S+ people, newcomers or people with disabilities.
GreenShield will also consider requests for projects that support critical community needs in regions where we have a presence.
Initiatives and organizations that are ineligible for funding from us include:
- For-profit organizations
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or any other social demographic
- Religious or political organizations
- Initiatives or organizations located outside of Canada
- Retroactive requests
- Third-party fundraisers
Get in touch.
Got a question? We’re here for you.
Contact our Customer Service Centre at 1.888.711.1119 (Mon to Fri 8:30 am – 8:30 pm ET) or email GreenShieldCares@greenshield.ca.