Ownership and Copyrights
This web site ("Website") is operated by or on behalf of Green Shield Canada. All content on this Website is the copyrighted property of Green Shield Canada and/or its various third party providers and distributors.
Except to the extent that you have been granted express prior permission from Green Shield Canada, none of the content or data found on the Website may be reproduced, republished, distributed, sold, transferred, modified, posted, transmitted or distributed. You may download, display and print the materials presented on this Website for your personal use.
Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in the pages of this Website may constitute trade names, registered or unregistered trade-marks or service marks ("Trade-marks") of Green Shield Canada and used under license by Green Shield Canada. However, the display of Trade-marks on pages at this Website does not imply that any license has been granted to any third party.
Any unauthorized downloading, re-transmission, or other copying or modification of Trade-marks or other contents of this Website may be a violation of statutory or common law rights which could subject the violator to legal action.
Use of the Website
You represent, warrant and covenant that your use of the Website shall not:
- Violate any applicable local, provincial, state, national or international law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation;
- Interfere with or disrupt computer networks connected to the Website;
- Impersonate any other person or entity, or make any misrepresentation as to your employment by or affiliation with any other person or entity;
- Forge headers or in any manner manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any user information;
- Upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information for which you do not have all necessary rights and licenses;
- Upload, post, transmit, publish or distribute any material which infringes, violates, breaches or otherwise contravenes the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right;
- Interfere with or disrupt the use of the Website by any other user, nor "stalk", threaten, or in any manner harass another user;
- Upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information which contains a computer virus, or other code, files or programs intending in any manner to disrupt or interfere with the functioning of the Website, or that of other computer systems;
- Use the Website in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to the computer systems of others;
- Upload, post, transmit, publish or distribute any material or information which constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to other liability, or otherwise violate applicable law;
- Upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information that is unlawful, or which may potentially be perceived as being harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Reproduce, copy, modify, sell, store, distribute or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes the Website, or any component thereof (including, but not limited to any materials or information accessible through the Website);
- Use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website; or
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website infrastructure.
Some of the areas of the Website ("Secure Areas") require passwords or other forms of access control in order for a user to gain access and use the Website's functionality. If you are permitted to access and use one of the Secure Areas of the Website, it is your responsibility to keep your password or other access control methodology private so that it cannot be used by others. Green Shield Canada will not be liable for any damages, losses or expenses suffered by you or any third party as a result of any unauthorized person gaining access to any of the Secure Areas through use of your password or other access methodology, and you agree that you will indemnify Green Shield Canada for any damages, losses or expenses that it may suffer, including any claims made against Green Shield Canada by third parties, as a result of such access or use by an unauthorized person.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Green Shield Canada be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential or punitive damages, losses or expenses, whether or not Green Shield Canada, or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses, arising in connection with:
- Your use of, or inability to use, this Website
- Use of this Website, or inability to use, by any other party
- Any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, loss of data or otherwise
- The communication by you of any confidential or sensitive information, or our communication to you of such information, over the Internet
Information and Availability
Information on the public areas of this Website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide financial, legal, accounting or tax advice and should not be relied upon in that regard.
Information provided by Green Shield Canada on its Website is believed to be accurate and reliable, but we cannot guarantee that such information is accurate or complete or current at all times. While we endeavour to keep the information current, such information is subject to change at any time without notice.
Green Shield Canada makes reasonable commercial efforts to make the Website available, however, it is not responsible for any service interruptions. Green Shield Canada will not be liable for any loss resulting from a cause over which it does not have direct control, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labour problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
Links to other websites
Green Shield Canada makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this Website. When you access a non-Green Shield Canada web site, it is independent from Green Shield Canada, and Green Shield Canada has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a non-Green Shield Canada web site does not mean that Green Shield Canada endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or use, of such web site. It is your responsibility to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
Links from or to web sites outside this Website are meant for convenience only. Green Shield Canada does not review, endorse, approve or control, and is not responsible for any web sites linked from or to this Website, the content of those web sites, the third parties named therein, or their products and services. Linking to any other web site is at your sole risk and Green Shield Canada will not be responsible or liable for any damages in connection with such linking. Links to web sites offering downloadable software are for convenience only and Green Shield Canada does not endorse any such software and is not responsible or liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the software. Use of any such downloaded software is governed by the terms of the license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is provided with such software.
This Website and your use of it will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to the principles of conflicts of law.