Updates to Online Services (you’ll like them, we promise)April 5, 2018
We’re always looking for ways to improve our services for you, our plan members. You may notice a few updates to your Online Services account that makes things even easier and more convenient.
Do more through Online Services…
- Submit additional claim types. No need to send us anything in the mail, as the Submit a Claim page now shows every claim type available, including an “other” option just in case you can’t find what you’re looking for. Depending on the claim type, you’ll either be guided down a real-time journey (seeing results immediately), or prompted to upload your claims to us electronically – it’s as simple as taking a picture with a smart phone! Many new claim types can be uploaded to us: dietitian services, hearing aids, and custom-made foot orthotics – to name a few.
- Get confirmation emails. For your uploaded claims, we’ll let you know that we received your claim, saving you the extra step of checking in with us to be sure.
- Check the status of your uploaded claim. Upload your claim and track it through the adjudication process on the new My Web Uploads.
- Upload your supporting documents. We sometimes need additional information from you to assess your claim. Now, we’ve made it easier for you to upload your claims documents (such as a completed claim form, medical prescription, debit/credit card receipts, etc.).
- Want to get your money back faster? Confirm the mailing address we have on file to avoid payment delays. Even better, sign up for direct deposit – the most convenient way to receive your payment.
- Check eligibility for counselling services. We’ve expanded the View my benefits coverage page to include counselling services, giving you another self-serve option to understand what your benefits plan will provide reimbursement for – before incurring an out-of-pocket expense.
While these updates apply only for claims submitted through Online Services, you can be sure that we’re looking for ways to improve our mobile experience too. Check out our latest GSC on the Go® changes – the addition of fingerprint log on and the option to add your GSC ID card to an electronic “wallet”. These new enhancements will be available for both iOS (Apple®) and Android. Stay tuned for more!
If you’re not already submitting claims via Online Services, now’s the time to get on board.