Plan members will notice some valuable enhancements on our Online Services self-serve platform in early April. The changes will offer a better and more efficient plan member experience, while allowing GSC to continue to help keep your benefits plan free from fraud. Thanks to these changes, plan members can:
- Submit additional types of claims online. No need for them to send us anything in the mail, as the Submit a Claim page will show every category of claim type available, including an “other” option just in case plan members can’t find what they’re looking for. Depending on the claim type, plan members will either be guided down a real-time journey (seeing results immediately), or prompted to upload their claims to us electronically – it’s as simple as taking a picture with a smart phone. Many new claim types can be uploaded to us, the most highly utilized are: dietitian services, hearing aids, and custom-made foot orthotics – to name a few.
- Get confirmation emails. For uploaded claims, we’ll let plan members know that we successfully received their claim, which means they won’t need to take the extra step to check in with us to be sure.
- Check the status of their uploaded claim. While a confirmation email is great, a new feature will allow plan members to track their claim through the adjudication process on the new My Web Uploads page.
- Upload supporting documents. Sometimes we need additional information from plan members to assess their claim. We’re making it easier for them to upload electronic copies of claims documents (such as a completed claim form, medical prescription, debit/credit card receipts, etc.) through their Online Services account – linking the supporting documents directly to the claim they previously submitted.
- Get their money back faster. We’ll provide a link for plan members to validate the mailing address we have on file (avoiding payment delays if an old address hasn’t been updated with us), and at the same time, providing them with opportunities to sign up for direct deposit – the most efficient way to receive their payment.
- Check eligibility for counselling services. We’re expanding the View my benefits coverage page to include counselling services, providing plan members with another self-serve option to understand what their benefits plan will provide reimbursement for – before incurring an out-of-pocket expense.
While these updates will apply only to our self-serve website, you can be sure that we’re looking for ways to improve our mobile experience too.
To start, we’ll soon be allowing plan members using the GSC mobile app to use their fingerprint to log on, rather than entering their user ID and password. And plan members will also be able to store their GSC ID card in their electronic “wallets”. These new enhancements will be available for both iOS (Apple®) and Android.
Want to inform your plan members about these changes? Click here to access a plan member communication.