May 5, 2021
- Press Releases
Inkblot Technologies selected as Green Shield Canada’s preferred Employee Assistance Program partner
TORONTO, Ontario, May 5, 2021 – Inkblot Technologies (Inkblot) is proud to announce that it has been selected as Green Shield Canada’s (GSC’s) preferred Employee Assistance Program (EAP) partner. GSC is Canada’s fourth-largest health and dental benefits provider, and this partnership gives Inkblot, Canada’s fastest growing virtual mental health platform, unique and preferential access to millions of GSC plan members across the country.
“As the pandemic continues to deplete our collective mental health, efficient and seamless access to therapists becomes vitally important,” said Luke Vigeant, President of Inkblot. "We are re-writing the mental health playbook with our innovative, comprehensive digital-first EAP offering – built for today’s employee. This partnership with GSC paves the way for us to reach even more Canadians."
Highlights from this Inkblot-GSC offering include:
- Online intake/access that appeals to current workplace demographics
- A unique matching system which allows plan members to select the counsellor they wish to work with and self-book appointments with sessions available within 24-48 hours
- Pandemic-proof, digital-first expertise through a secure video counselling delivery platform with telephonic and in-person counselling available; five hours of individual counselling and five hours of couples counselling per plan member and eligible dependent
- Ability to continue with the same counsellor when shifting from the plan sponsor-paid EAP to longer-term counselling, with costs reimbursable under the benefits plan, health care spending account or paid privately – at rates that are half the national average
- Advisory services to help with everything from legal and financial questions to childcare and eldercare resources along with career counselling, health coaching and life transitions support
- Superior data collection that underlies all aspects of Inkblot’s service
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity by virtue of Inkblot’s ability to match plan members to counsellors based on their first language, religion and culture
- Mental Health training for employees and for managers included at no cost
“With the demand for mental health services reaching unprecedented levels, GSC is leading the way with a comprehensive suite of digital mental health services to help plan members and their families navigate the wide range of challenges stemming from the pandemic,” said Joe Blomeley, Executive Vice President, Mental Health at GSC. “We are incredibly excited to share Inkblot’s innovative platform, which I believe pairs Canada’s highest quality on-demand counselling with the most tailored EAP experience in the marketplace.”
Most existing GSC Group plan sponsors will receive information about how they can access Inkblot’s program and other unique features. Inkblot will also work with GSC to create an offering for GSC’s Individual plan members.
For more information:
Marion Yoshida, Inkblot Technologies Inc.
Deb Quinn, SPPR
Inkblot is a Toronto-based company offering corporate mental health programs, with a focus on secure video counselling that is available any time, any place to make mental health support readily accessible. Using a proprietary algorithm, employees are matched to the best counsellors for their specific needs and preferences. Uniquely, Inkblot monitors clinical effectiveness and client satisfaction session-to-session. With Inkblot, employees can get the help they need when they need it. Inkblot's mission is to create affordable, accessible and innovative services and technologies to improve the psychological health of individuals and organizations. Inkblot is a proud alumnus of the 2019 Techstars Toronto Accelerator program, as well as the DMZ Growth Accelerator program in Toronto. Inkblot was acquired by Green Shield Holdings in March 2021.
About Green Shield Canada (GSC)
GSC is Canada’s fourth-largest health and dental benefits provider, and is uniquely structured as a social enterprise with the purpose of making it easier for people to live their healthiest lives. From coast-to-coast, GSC’s service delivery includes drug, dental, extended health care, vision, hospital, and travel benefits for groups and individuals, as well as administration and benefits management services. Supported by outcomes-based sustainability strategies, advanced technology, and exceptional customer service, GSC creates innovative programs for nearly four million plan participants nationwide.
About Green Shield Holdings Inc.
Part of the Green Shield Canada (GSC) group of companies, Green Shield Holdings Inc. is the primary company used to house subsidiaries.