Our publications are packed with info on industry and health trends, benefit plan tips and other (cool) GSC news. Take a look at some of our favourite articles. Happy reading.
CANADA TURNS 150 AND GSC TURNS 60!
Let’s celebrate by reflecting on how the health insurance industry and Canada’s approach to health have evolved over the years. Here are all the wonderful, worrisome — and sometimes wacky — turns along the way...
- Is Health Care Delivering Value?
- Community Giving Program: Education Foundation of Niagara – Medical Needs Fund
- WHAT'S UP... Update on Opioids, New Reports Investigate the Value of Additional Community Pharmacy Services, Other News About Pharmacy Practice
- Time to Listen to What Our Mouths Are Telling Us
- Community Giving Program: The Umbrella Multicultural Health Co-operative – Umbrella Welcome Clinic
- WHAT'S UP... 2017 Ontario Budget Proposes Pharmacare Program For Children and Youth, Significant Savings Possible With Hypertension Care by Pharmacists, Public Policy Paper About National Pharmacare
- Recent Television Coverage Investigates Canada’s Rising Drug Prices
- WHAT'S UP... Nova Scotia Human Rights Board Rules in Favour of Covering Medical Marijuana, Draft Guideline Designed to Slow Canada’s Opioid Epidemic, The Cost of Smoking-Attributable Diseases Worldwide
- Community Giving Program: Halton Peel Dental Association – Smile Days
- Helping you keep your plan safe from fraud and abuse
- 2017 provincial dental fee guide adjustments
- Quebec Drug Insurance Pooling Corporation threshold changes for 2017
- Pharmacies in Quebec to update billing practices thanks to legislation changes
- Dietitian Health Coaching Update
- Want to Keep Employees and the Financials of Your Benefits Plan Healthy?
- WHAT'S UP... We’re Hitting the Road with the GSC 2017 Health Study, Proposed Federal Tax on Employer Health Benefit Contributions, Recent Research Sheds Light on Health Management Efforts
- Community Giving Program: Homeless Connect Toronto
- Depression and the Medicalization of Sadness… Has “Treatment” Come to Mean “Drugs”?
- WHAT'S UP... New Canadian Drugs and Substances Strategy, Ontario Pharmacists Now Giving Additional Vaccines, Chronic Condition Infographics
- Community Giving Program: YWCA of Yellowknife
- Community Giving Program: Horizons for Youth, Youth Without Shelter
- Change4Life is Changing Lives!
- WHAT'S UP... Conference Board of Canada Research About Specialty Medications, SEBs Shown Comparable to Brand-Name Counterparts, Eight Hours of Sitting Requires One Hour of Activity
- Personalized Medicine Represents a World of Possibilities
- Community Giving Program: 2016 Grant Recipients
- WHAT'S UP... Report Summarizes the First Healthy Canada Conference, Antidepressant Research in the News, Smoking Cessation Research in the News
- GSC Tackles Mental Health
- Community Giving Program: Cornerstone Housing for Women Foundation, Community Care City of Kawartha Lakes, LOFT Community Services, South Riverdale Community Health Centre, Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre
- WHAT'S UP... Prescription Drug Expenditures In Canadian Public Plans, Insight Into Health Care Trends, Update To Plan Member Online Services
- GSC Health Study 2015
- Community Giving Program: Richmond Family Place Society, Providing Alternatives Counselling & Education Society, University of Victoria, Scarborough Women’s Centre, and Pine River Foundation
- WHAT'S UP... Report On Diabetes, Future Health Care Approaches
- Straight Talk from the Doctor’s Office
- Community Giving Program: Touchstone Family Association, Cerebral Palsy Association of British Columbia, Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society, Heritage Skills Development Center, Canadian Centre For Women’s Education and Development
- WHAT'S UP... Generic Drug Prices in Canada, Pharmacist Care for Cancer Patients, Sustainable Solutions Report
- Everyone Needs a Helping Hand…Especially for Tackling Chronic Conditions
- Community Giving Program: Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Foundation, Windsor Residence for Young Men, and Maryvale Children’s Mental Health Centre
- What's Up ... Pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance, Healthy Brains at Work Report, and What’s Up at GSC
- Asking the Tough Questions About Health Benefits Plans
- Community Giving Program: Le Grand Chemin Centres, Médecins du Monde Canada (Doctors of the World Canada), and Exeko
- What's Up ... News from Manitoba, Strep Tests in Nova Scotia, and Heart Month
- The ChangeMakers: "Wake Up!" Not Your Typical Employee Wellness Campaign
- GSC Frontline Care™: Welcome Hall Mission
- What's Up... Health Canada Launches Product Inspection Databases, NS to Regulate Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists, PEI Adds 18 New Drugs to Formulary
- Introducing Our Newest ChangeMaker: Diana McNiven, GE Canada
- GSC Frontline Care™: CUPS Coordinated Care Team
- What's Up... Plan Members Will Soon Have Access to Change4Life™ Online, Health Canada Makes it Easier to Access Health Information, PEI Launches New Vision Care Program for Children
- Some Inspiration to Start the New Year! Introducing the ChangeMakers
- GSC Frontline Care: REACH Community Health Centre Dental Clinic
- What's Up... Submit More Types of Online Claims to GSC, PEI Adds Drugs to Pharmacare Programs, BC Changes Blood Glucose Test Strip Coverage